PMDG launches 737 for MSFS starting with 737-700 – FSElite
The PMDG 737 series for Microsoft Flight Simulator was released, starting with the 737-700 model.
The Boeing 737 is one of the most popular aircraft in the skies today and is known the world over for being a workhorse. Airlines use the plane to fly short and medium-haul flights around the world and now PMDG has brought the iconic aircraft to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The set includes the 737-700 body type, which includes the passenger variant, the BBJ variant and also a cargo variant. As with the real-world 737-700, you can also choose between fin or split scimitar models.
One of the main features of the product is the extensive customization that can be done per livery. You can choose from hundreds of configurable options right in the simulator. Changing elements such as unit of measure screens and much more. A number of liveries can also be installed using the included PMDG Operations Center.
As with other PMDG products of the past, the 737 for MSFS includes in-depth system simulation. Every action you take as a virtual pilot will have an effect on other systems, which means care and attention must be taken to keep the plane flying properly. The aircraft also features accurate flight modeling, custom autopilot functionality, and many other behind-the-scenes benefits that help make it one of the deepest simulated aircraft currently available for the platform. .
PMDG also included detailed modeling, PBR texture work and an authentic sound pack that was recorded from the actual aircraft.
Pilots looking for more challenges can also take advantage of the included failure simulation which can be triggered manually, automatically or dynamically depending on aircraft usage.
The current version of the release does not include a working EFB or weather radar, but PMDG plans to bring these features in future free updates. Regular updates have already been promised approximately every two weeks to include bug fixing and more over the course of a “early adopter” period. This early adoption period begins today and will continue until the 737-900 is released (currently scheduled for September 2022).
You can purchase the PMDG 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator right now from the PMDG Store for $69.99. Remember that once the 737-600 model is released, the price will drop to $74.99.
For those looking to buy it for Xbox or through the in-sim market, the 737-700 will be come much later.
Want to see the official livery list? Check out this article.
Tell us in the comments section what your first flight will be.
- Fully customized system simulation for all major and minor aircraft systems and components.
- Highly sophisticated logic simulation of on-board information systems and aircraft management.
- PMDG’s custom flight model with improved physics augmentation.
- Rigid body physics for the wing and tail surfaces.
- Fully customized flight control systems with normal, backup and reversion capability.
- Precise resolution cockpit displays
- Interchangeable equipment options for cockpit instrumentation
- Many user-configurable options from the entire global fleet of 737 operators.
- Updated 737 option packages reflecting operational improvements and changes to the global 737 fleet.
- Comprehensive failure simulation to cover almost all QRH scenarios as well as a real world mean time to failure simulation model.
- Native PMDG datalink simulation compatible with simBrief integration.
- Incandescent and LED lighting packages, plus fully dimmed cockpit lights and annunciators.
- Steerable pushback tug.
- Custom sound set that takes advantage of advanced sound recording and playback technology for incredible realism.
- Soundscape constructed from recordings of a purpose-instrumented aircraft recording effort.
- Highly integrated exterior, interior and cockpit soundscapes.
- Includes the 737-700 in passenger configuration with mixed fin and split scimitar fin configurations.
- Includes the Boeing Business Jet with mixed winglet and split scimitar winglet configurations.
- Includes 737-700 BDSF freighter with main deck cargo door with mixed fins.
- Complete set of ground equipment for each type of aircraft, including passenger service vehicles, VIP vehicles for the BBJ and cargo handling equipment for the BDSF.
- Virtual cockpit model, with ultra detailed textures, 3D rendering and reflective properties.
- Advanced animation techniques leveraging the new MSFS engine to bring the 737 cockpit to life.
- Cockpit differences between passenger, cargo and BBJ aircraft are accurately rendered.
- PMDG Operations Center 2.0 for easy installation of liveries and ease of receiving free product updates from PMDG.
- A comprehensive tutorial will guide you through the proper operation of the 737, from power up to power down.
- PMDG Simulations Official YouTube content to help new PMDG 737 pilots get the most out of their purchase.
- Free customer support both on our customer forum and directly from our support team if needed.
#PMDG #launches #MSFS #starting #FSElite