Elden Ring: How to Beat Mohg, the Omen – Boss Guide
Mogh, the Omen can be a tough battle in Elden Ring if you don’t know the best way to take on this boss fight!
Elden Ring has a total of 165 bosses, and each of them presents a unique challenge. Even the game’s early bosses provide a substantial learning curve for players.
As you progress, you will encounter bosses that will require more than luck to defeat. Morg, the Omen is one such example.
Not being prepared for this fight can result in a pop-up “You’re dead” screen. However, using the right items, gear, and strategy can dramatically increase your chances of success.
Here’s everything you need to know about Mohg, the Omen of Elden Ring!
Best strategy to defeat Mogh, the Omen
Where to find Mogh, the Omen in Elden Ring
You can find this boss at Subterranean Shunning-Grounds. Getting here is quite tricky as the area is complex to navigate.
Here’s how to get to Mogh’s location at Elden Ring!
Reach the Pipes area of the Underground Siding Lands
- Quick trip to the Grace Avenue balcony site in Leyndell, capital.
- From there, go down the stairs and through the door ahead.
- Just after leaving this door, go left and continue down a narrow hallway.
- After a few steps down this hallway you should see a roof on the left side, drop down onto this roof.
- Drop down from the roof to ground level and keep moving forward until you reach a small pit.
- Jump inside the well.
- At the bottom, go forward, turn right and go past a room with rats until you reach a larger room with a ladder.
- From this point, know that there are a lot of enemies in each area mentioned below.
- Go down the ladder and activate the underground site of grace by the side of the road in a room to the right of this location.
- Once activated, drop down the ladder to the second opening on the right in this room.
- Once you reach this new area, take the pipes to the right and follow the wooden areas until you reach a door with a staircase inside.
- Go up the stairs and pull the lever on the right side of the room.
- Once the door opens, follow this newly opened path until you find a hole in the ground on the left side.
- Go through this opening and you should now be in the pipe area.
Read more: How to Parry Effectively in Elden Ring – Tips and Tricks
Reach the roadside underground site of Grace Shortcut
- Once in the pipe area, take the road with a protruding pipe on the right side of the wall.
- After this protruding pipe, you should see a tunnel in the wall.
- Take this path and navigate it carefully, as there are two holes that you will need to jump over as you progress.
- Arrived at a crossroads, take the path to the right to a room with a ladder.
- Climb the ladder and use the lever on the right.
- Continue along this path and take the last door on the right in this hallway.
- Once you enter this room, slowly and carefully approach the ledge to the left and drop down to the area below.
- Continue down the path and take the door on the right.
- Continue down this path until you reach a room with a small staircase and a ladder.
- DO NOT TAKE THE LADDER; instead, take the door next to the stairs.
- At the entrance to the path, turn left then take the opening on the right.
- Continue on this path and take the second opening on the right.
- Once you reach a large room, you should see two ladders. Take the one furthest away.
- Continue down this path, open the door, and you should now have a shortcut to Grace’s underground site by the side of the road.
Also Read: Elden Ring – All Night Cavalry Boss Locations & Loot
Activate the Forsaken Deeps Grace Site and reach Mogh, the Omen
- Go back a bit to the room with the two ladders and take the second ladder.
- Once you reach the top of the ladder, drop down the pipe below and jump into the tube opening.
- Continue down the pipe until you reach a corner. Once there, immediately take the opening on the left.
- Take a right once you reach a crossroads, then go down to the first hole you come across.
- As soon as you fall you can be stabbed by an enemy, defeat them and hit the road.
- Go left, go down a ladder and take the elevator to the right to go down.
- As soon as the elevator reaches its destination, you should see the Forsaken Depths grace site.
- Activate it and you can now fight Mogh, the Omen, in the room directly across from this site of grace.
Prepare for Mogh! Here are some valuable items to improve your build!
Tips for Defeating Mogh, the Omen
If you want to have a better chance of defeating this boss, you can get the Mogh’s Shackle item for this fight.
This item will pin Mogh to the ground and leave him open to attack. You can use this item twice, and if you’re quick, you can use these instances to deal heavy damage to Mogh.
Here we will give you instructions on how to get this item, but if you want to defeat this boss without using this item, you can skip to the next section of this guide.
How to Get Mogh’s Shackle in Elden Ring
Follow these steps to get Mog’s Shackle in Elden Ring:
- Fast travel to Grace’s underground site.
- Exit the room and follow the path to the right.
- Go through the gate, take the door on the left and go down the stairs.
- As soon as you arrive in a large room with pipes, go to the left and go down to the pipe below.
- Once you land, look down and fall into the pipe below.
- Drop down again to reach ground level.
- Follow the wall to the right until you reach an opening, be careful with the lobster enemy here!
- Enter the opening, turn right, and activate the Leyndell Catacombs Grace Site.
- Now that you have a spawn point in case things go south, return to the opening on the wall you used to enter this location.
- Mogh’s Shackle is right behind the lobster enemy in front of the wall opening; you can use stealth to go behind and retrieve the item.
Read more: Elden Ring Invaders uses Grace Mimic to troll in PvP
Mogh, Omen’s battle strategy
Best damage type against Mogh, the Omen
Fire is not effective against this boss (only 6% of effective damage), but the following damage types have 53% effectiveness against Mogh, the Omen in Elden Ring:
With regard to physical damage, Standard, Slash, Strike, and Pierce damage all have 88% effectiveness against Mogh.
If you need more information here is everything you need to know about damage types in Elden Ring!
Boss fight strategy
- This boss has many Blood Flame and Blood Claw abilities, so you need to make sure to dodge them as the blood loss can build up quickly and cause massive damage!
- Be sure to take scaffolding boluses to mitigate blood loss in case you get hit. Here is how to find nomad warrior cookbook  to get this crafting recipe on Elden Ring.
- Mogh’s attacks are a bit slow. It will start an attack move, but the real hit will come later due to its slow animations. With that in mind, once an attack animation starts, don’t immediately roll the dice! Take only a split second, anticipate the attack, then roll.
- Mogh raises his hand to reach a portal; this indicates an upcoming Blood Flame rain attack. Whenever this happens, get away and be prepared to dodge in case he throws Blood Flame at you.
- Keep an eye on the movement of Mogh’s right hand, as it will indicate attacks with his trident. The trident isn’t what you want to dodge; it’s Mogh’s hand! Once you see his hand coming towards you, it’s time to dodge!
- Trident attacks are somewhat delayed, so just wait a split second to dodge them. Also keep in mind that these attacks cover a wide range, and sometimes the distance is not enough to avoid them, be prepared to dodge.
- Mogh usually follows a three-hit pattern with his tridentso be prepared to dodge multiple times in a row.
How to get damage
- Sometimes when Mogh does his air snap he can get stuck in a pillar. It doesn’t happen all the time and it’s hard to predict. Nonetheless, this is a great time to get a hit or two.
- Get close to Mogh and use Mogh’s Shackle item. This will pin him to the ground, allowing you to land multiple hits. You can do this twice during the boss battle.
- You can summon Spirit Ashes and help other players for this boss fight if you need an extra hand. Here are the best Legendary Spirit Ashes in Elden Ring!
- Mogh makes a thrust attack with his trident. This move leaves him open for a few hits.
- You can also land a few hits after the third trident attack in his combo if you’re close enough.
- Since magic is somewhat effective against this boss, using ranged (not shooting) spells is a good idea. Here is all the legendary sorceries and incantations of Elden Ring!
Looking for where to go next? Elden Ring Story progression: best route and recommended levels
That’s all you need to know to defeat Mogh, the Omen of Elden Ring!
#Elden #Ring #Beat #Mohg #Omen #Boss #Guide