These NJ gas stations will offer a price drop on Friday to promote self-service
Dozens of New Jersey gas stations plan to offer discounted fuel on Friday as part of the latest campaign to convince state leaders to allow self-serve.
You won’t have to pump your own gas to get the price reduction from record high gas prices at the Fuel Your Way NJ Coalition Self-Serve Awareness Day. Cost drops will vary by location, but are meant to reflect how much consumers could save per gallon with available self-serve.
“With the cost of gas prices continuing to rise, it’s taking up more and more space in people’s wallets,” Fuel Your Way NJ’s Sal Risalvato said in a statement. “We want the public to know that one of the fastest ways to reduce gas prices is to allow gas stations to offer self-serve in New Jersey.”
New Jersey is the latest state to ban drivers from pumping their own fuel.
Gasoline prices are at a record high of $4.48 a gallon for regular fuel in New Jersey, above the national average of $4.42 reported by GasBuddy.com on Thursday.
“The price drop will vary from station to station, but on average it will be around 15 cents per gallon,” said coalition spokesman Bruno Tedeschi.
Motorists visiting participating gas stations will also receive a facsimile of a $100 bill over the next few weeks with a message that they could save $100 to $400 a year if the state allows. self service. Motorists will be encouraged to contact their representatives to demand passage of the legislation.
A bill introduced in February was blocked by the state legislature after State Senate Speaker Nicholas Scutari, D-Union, said in March that he does not currently support the bill. on self-serve, making it unlikely that he’ll release it for a vote and effectively kill it. .
The New Jersey Gasoline-Convenience-Automotive Association estimates stations could lower prices by 15 cents a gallon if allowed to offer self-serve. However, the legislation does not specify how much of this cost saving would be passed on to customers if self-service were permitted.
The coalition has launched an online petition and is asking drivers to contact lawmakers to support the bill.
Gas stations will also post a sign next to pumps that have been closed with the message, “This pump would be open if New Jersey allowed self-service refueling.”
Gas stations participating in Friday’s price drop include:
- Exxon, 142 Chestnut Ridge Road, Montvale.
- North Arlington Gulf, 101 Ridge Road, North Arlington.
- Exxon, 782 Route 17, Paramus.
- Valero, 639 Route 17 North, Paramus.
- Exxon, 100 Route 17 North, Paramus.
- Sunoco, 456 Route 17 North, Ramsey.
- Exxon, 456 Route 17 North, Ramsey.
- P66, 201 White Horse Pike, Berlin.
- Amoco, 2 Marlton Pike West, Cherry Hill.
- West Berlin Delta, 250 Route 73, West Berlin.
CAP MAY COUNTY
- Cape Harbor Auto Repair, 795 Route 109, Cape May
- Livingston Sunoco, 247 S. Livingston Ave., Livingston.
- Exxon, 625 McCarter Highway, Newark
- Exxon, 264 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair.
- Lukoil, 335 McCarter Highway, Newark.
- Exxon, 550 Eagle Rock Ave, Roseland.
- South Orange Exxon, 68 W South Orange Ave., South Orange.
- Glassboro Delta, Pilot 100 Delsea, Glassboro.
- Bayonne Tiger Mart, 529 boulevard Kennedy, Bayonne.
- Willow Sunoco, 1301 Willow Ave, Hoboken.
- Lukoil, 200 12th St., Jersey City.
- Shell, 164 14th Street, Jersey City.
- Gold Coast Petro Sunoco, 588 Manila Ave, Jersey City.
- Newport Exxon, 245 12th St., Jersey City.
- BP U-Haul, 235 12th St., Jersey City.
- Sunoco, 465 Grand St. Jersey City.
- Exxon, 450 Route 3 West, Secaucus.
- Newport Valero, 93 14th St, Jersey City.
- Exxon Holland Tunnel Service Center, 97 Marin Blvd, Jersey City.
- Califon Exxon, 429 County Road 513, Califon.
- Hampton PO Box, 238 Route 31 North, Hampton.
- Lebanon Route 22 Sunoco, 1370 Route 22 West, Lebanon.
- Lebanon Sunoco, 1237 Route 31. Lebanon.
- Lebanon BP, 1201 Road. 31 South. Lebanon.
- Liberty Mart, 118 Route 202/31 North, Ringoes.
- Lukoil, 2558 Pennington Road, Pennington.
- Lukoil, 3513 Route 1 South, Pennington.
- Exxon, 270 W. Inman Ave., Colonia.
- Sunoco, 784 Route 18, East Brunswick.
- Ultra Mart Inc., 3875 Park Avenue, Edison.
- Exxon, 1441 Route 1 South, Edison.
- Exxon, Garden State Parkway, North Colonia.
- Exxon, Garden State Parkway, South Iselin.
- Lukoil, 152 Old New Brunswick Road, Piscataway.
- Zackria Fuel, LLC, 4501 Stelton Road, South Plainfield.
- South River PO Box, 258 Old Bridge Turnpike, South River.
- Aberdeen Exxon, 1164 Route 34, Aberdeen.
- PO Box, 44 South Street, Freehold.
- Hazlet Shell, 1355 Route 36, Hazlet.
- Matawan Sunoco, 323 Route 34, Matawan.
- Middletown PO Box, 863 Route 35, Middletown.
- Monmouth Road PO Box, 373 Monmouth Road, West Long Branch.
- Denville Route 46 Sunoco, 161 Main Street West, Denville.
- Long Valley P66, 43 East Mill Road, Long Valley.
- Randolph P.O., 260 South Salem St. Randolph.
- Whippany Lukoil, 1235 Route 10, Whippany.
- Exxon, 600 Brick Blvd., Brick.
- Exxon, 181 Drum Point Road, Brick.
- Exxon, 1444 Route 88, Lakewood.
- Kelly’s Sea Bay Sunoco, Route 35 North, Lavallette.
- Shell, 1350 Route 9 South, Toms River.
- Exxon, 13 Route 37 East, Toms River.
COUNTY OF PASSAIC
- Exxon, 478 Haldon Ave, Haledon.
- Exxon, 716 Goffle Road, Hawthorne.
- Exxon, 1431 Route 23 South, Wayne.
- Somerset Hills Exxon, 545 Martinsville Road, Basking Ridge.
- Exxon, 1101 Easton Ave, Somerset.
- ‘Peapack Sunoco, 28 Route 206, Peapack.
- Exxon, 162 Central Ave, Clark.
#gas #stations #offer #price #drop #Friday #promote #selfservice